Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cali-for-ni-a

Well, it's been a little while since I have updated. I had that CT scan and it showed that all of the cancer is gone except for one small spot still in my liver. That should be gone soon. My AFP is within the normal range at 13 so that is good. I'm trying to decide on some things to try once my treatment is done that will help my body keep the cancer away. On the 3rd treatment of this last cycle I had to get a reduced dose of both drugs because of my low red blood cell count. They gave me a blood transfusion and 75% of the taxol/gemzar. That's better than getting no Taxol at all.

Anyways, Karen and I are in California on vacation with Karen's family right now. We are staying at her grandparent's house and it has been a lot of fun. We went to La Jolla Cove on the first night and watched the sunset. We were able to sit on the rock where we wrote our vows a year and a half ago. Then we ate at a sushi place that was really good and got some gelato for desert. Then the next day we went to Los Angeles and spent the day with Karen's grandma on the other side of the family in Chinatown. We ate at a Chinese restaurant called CBS that was frighteningly authentic. I liked it, but the food is probably too extreme for a lot of people. There are a lot of things like chicken feet and eyeballs being served around you.

Today we went to Coronado Beach and rented bicycles. We rode those down the bike trail and then hung out at the beach for a little while. We got to watch the sunset again. It was really pretty. We're really enjoying the warm weather and good times. Tomorrow we go to Disneyland and we're going to use me as a reason to get one of those handicap passes that let you go to the front of lines. That will be awesome. :)

I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season.
Love, Sean

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best. I live in San Diego and hope you enjoyed the wonderful weather we have here. Take care and may you and your family have a happy new year.
"Fellow TXB Member"