Thursday, January 28, 2010

Up in the Air

Hey, my latest blood test shows that the cancer is growing somewhere. I'm still supposed to be doing treatment so it's disheartening to have the cancer be growing anyways. I had a CT scan and the results were a little bizarre. It shows nothing. All that can be seen is the mass we already knew about in my liver. It's probably dead and it's still shrinking.

The AFP is at 61, so something about this is unlike the rest of my cancer experience. Even the slightest increase in AFP usually shows up on CT. So we're kind of in cancer limbo at this point and waiting until the tumor grows big enough to be seen. In the meantime, I will probably continue treatment and have a head CT to make sure it isn't there. It's highly unlikely that it's in my head, simply because I have not had any symptoms. Sorry to have to share the bad news.
Love, Sean

(PS:please pray for my Uncle, who is also facing a serious medical situation)

4 comments:

Jennifer Suedmeyer & Bryan Ross said...

Luckily, my "pray" supply is infinitely full so Bryan and I will pray for you all.

Love.

Kathy said...

I'm praying this is just some crazy mistake and the levels will come back down. You are a wonderful son! If I could remove this trial from your life, I would do anything in my power! You continue to be and will always be my inspiration! I love you so much! Mom

Anonymous said...

We will continue praying for your body to be strong, your mind alert and your faith to GROW and NEVER GIVE UP! WE LOVE YOU, Aunt Laura

Nancy Krueger said...

I don't know what to say except that we love you and Karen and hate that you are going through so much. We will continue to hold you in our prayers and send love across the miles.
Mark and Nancy